11.22.2014

two burgers & a concrete

Last night we finally got to visit the new Shake Shack that opened downtown a couple weeks ago. When we tried to visit opening weekend, the line went nearly around block! G and I both looked at each other and said, lets try again next time. I mean, it was only freezing that day. So, we walked a couple blocks away to some Mexican which I had been craving for days and days, and G got his burger from Epic Burger. We ate in Taco Burrito King which was not crowed like Shake Shack was, giving us space to have some good deep conversation. Let's just say I was in tears a couple times, in the middle of Mexican & burgers in the middle of a Saturday afternoon. Oh, life...you are so unpredictable sometimes.

This time however, there were no tears. Only yummy burgers and a s'mores concrete with pieces of pie from the famed Bang Bang pie! Gosh I love this foody city! Before we leave for Cali. (less than one month away :/) we hope to visit the German Market, which comes alive outside every holiday season, and The French Market in the West Loop. I feel so overwhelmed with all we want to do & see before we leave! There will definitely be many plans left undone, but I know that only means we have to return and check them off one by one.

On a fun note, as soon as we got home from dinner & Hunger Games I checked my Insta feed and saw that Taza from Love Taza, and her family were also at Shake Shack tonight! A little coincidence I loved. Happy Weekend Everyone! (It's almost Thanksgiving!) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment