8.22.2013

a thrilling & quite humbling experience

& so it begins! 

writing this first post is - exciting, nerve wrenching, thrilling, & well - quite humbling. I've had the desire to start a blog a little over two years ago when my dear hubby "g" & I got married. (best day EVER!) I wanted to document the happenings of our new life together for our own memories (because g has a hard time remembering what we did last weekend, let alone what the special happenings of last year were, but no one's perfect.) & for our families and friends who we moved away from to finish school, two weeks after saying "i do." & to our future kids & grand-kids & great grand-kids for remembering the roots of our family tree. 

so let's see what this blog turns out to be, shall we?! (sometimes I like to rhyme.) *smiles 

before concluding, many many thanks are due to very special people: 

To my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, who I believe has placed this one of many dreams in my heart & has given me the freedom to share the story He has written for g & I as we live in His mercies everyday // To my lady friends from church who are always reminding me to start this thing, even if it's not "pretty" - yet! // To fabz, who inspired me this week to write this first post after creating her new blog last week! She also helped me with the name for the blog & she takes pretty pictures & I love her! (http://fabianemellophotography.blogspot.com/) // To my family who is always supporting me in every passion & dream I have, even in the moments when my faith is lacking & I don't believe I'm good enough to accomplish those dreams // & finally, To my one & only lover & life-long mate, g. your belief, faith, and love for me reminds me of Jesus' everyday. I am not who I am today if it wasn't for you in my life. 

I pray that every season of our life will bring encouragement to the seasons of yours
as I write about the seasons of this olive tree.

Love,
The Olives 





2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you made your blog!! Yay!
    I can't wait to read your posts and pictures : )

    ReplyDelete