10.28.2014

friend filled days: part Jersey

This month, God has brought blessings upon blessings into my life I could never ignore! A couple weekends ago He provided so I could go to NJ to attend Angie's baby shower for Nathan, and that was a dream come true. With all the moving preparations we didn't think I really would be able to go but a few weeks before the shower a plethora of jobs was offered to me, so I took them all so I could make enough money to save and attend the shower. It was so good to see and spend time with family and friends those three days! Living away really is not getting easier, but these trips that bring us together bring so much more joy because I know the time we have is special.

This past weekend was crazy town but in the best way!! Fabz, Emerson, Jess AND Julie all came to Chicago to visit us and their visit was full of surprises, excitement, and suspense to say the least! Julie and Jess both were surprises to me, even though I accidentally found out Jess was coming 2 days before. But I was so overwhelmed with love from all of them! Most spending 12 hours in an airport trying to get on a flight here, and one who bought her "discounted" ticket last minute just to spend time with us for 3 days. These people, our friends. They are and have been apart of our lives and hearts for many years, but it is days like this that you can truly see how amazing and deep our friendships really are.  I'm so freaking grateful!

Annnnnd to top it all off Fabz took photos of G & I around the city so we could cherish the memories of our first three and a half years of marriage here in Chicago. (Disclaimer: Fabz is an AMAZING photographer & most importantly an amazing person, so go check out her website/blog >> http://fabianephotography.com/ << now!!) I am so so so excited to see all of the photos she's taken because I am already in love with what I've seen! So, stay tuned for a post with some of my favorites in the future. :)

Here are a few documented memories from the first weekend in NJ; weekend number two will be in the next post. Thank you Jesus for your love & graciousness towards us.

we're weirdly cool like that. ;)

October 18th-20th

No comments:

Post a Comment