2.13.2015

wftw: real people make real love

It's sure been a while since sharing one of these posts, or really writing any posts at all. The "boring" truth is that life has been crazy busy, and we are still adjusting to solo computer sharing. But...thanks to Ann Voskamp's brilliantly written and tender words, I am more than ok with my non-exciting reasons for not having time to write. I needed the reminder that life IS so much more than what we actually share with the rest of the world. Our worlds. Our own lives. And the details in them that would never make us famous or popular; these are often the ones that matter most.

I have shared Ana's words on words from the wiser before, and this post is no less brilliant. It touches deep into the truths and longings of a heart often broken and left confused, but knows truth and love in Christ, expressed so fully in our marriage.

But even if marriage isn't your reality right now, or maybe you're married and sad, or dating, single, happy, or lonely - I encourage you to read these words of love. May God speak to us still.
. . . . . . . . . .
How Real People Make Shades of Real Love

"I could weep for a quiet love like this, the kind of love they don’t write movies about, but the Maker writes down in a book of His own.

It’s not the kind of flashy that makes any red carpet, but it’s the kind of unforgettable love that runs red.

It doesn’t matter one iota what the checkout glossies tout: Sacrifice is the most attractive of all.

And boring love is what touches the deepest– our lives boring down deep into each other’s hearts.

And I have loved you as the hero-of-few-words who has rescued me day in and day out, without any fanfare or flash.

You have lived and bore the weight of it — I am far worse than I ever dreamed. And yet you have loved me beyond what I could ever dream. You have lived Gospel to me.

It’s happening without any headlines: our hearts are quietly boring into each other, us just letting our fingers find each other, our eyes linger. Boring love is what drills wells that taste like wine."

*Full post by Ann: HERE // Website:  http://www.aholyexperience.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment