10.04.2018

a faith journey to Miami



It's hard to believe, but in a few short weeks we will be moving into our first home in Miami! Do we have the apartment or house we're going to move into yet? Nope! We're actually viewing some this weekend we are very excited about! But right now, I'm writing it like it's already happened. It's going to happen, SOON. After two months of job hunting, G started a new job this week to get the ball rolling, and I just accepted my first job at one of my favorite companies! It's been 6 months of rest and work, seeking and praying, and doing the thing we set out to do after visiting Miami for the first time, almost a year ago. 

This past January we visited Miami for the first time, and this trip changed our life. I was 100% hesitating and strongly opposed to moving to Florida at the time, but knew it was time to leave Cali. For a menagerie of reasons, G and I felt we needed to make a change. But this would be our third major move, and I was ready to stay in one place for more than 3.5 years. I wanted deep roots, great community, and babies! So, this next venture would impact our future in a multitude of very significant ways.

I think you already know where we stood after this trip. We prayed and prayed and I cried because I'm a crier, and even though I was still very fearful and hesitant along the way, I followed my husbands lead on this and believed God was present in our story, and ultimately leading the way. I'm not gonna lie - it hasn't been easy. Moving across states never is, and this was our third time doing it with no jobs waiting for us and our second without a place of our own. So you can imagine why even after the move I found myself wondering if this was the right decision, because well, uncertainty is hard. But doing something hard doesn't mean its not worth doing. And that feeling of fear doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong decision.  A brave life requires faith. Imperfect, sometimes doubting, faith. And I have to pray for faith all. the. time. I know I cant do it on my own, I've tried and failed miserably. I need Jesus! And you know what, He always hears my cry. Even when life looks like a mess - He is present and ready to be with me through it all, and He's ready to be with you too.

We could have NEVER done this alone. The great transitions of life also require a tribe of people to stand with you and support you in love and deed. And we are so grateful.

To our parents and siblings, who drove 10 hours from Jersey to Chicago with all our newlywed gifts and helped us settle into our very first home. 
To Tia Rozangela and Joe, who welcomed us in to their home in Long Beach for weeks at a time during our transition into and out of So Cal. Our home away from home.
To Elimar and Julia, who gladly let us live with them for three months until we miraculously got our place in the mountains of Escondido.
To Tia Rozani, who invited us to live with her Coconut Creek while we got jobs and did the things we needed to do before moving down to Miami.
To all our friends too many to name, who called, prayed, encouraged, gave financially and visited us along the way.

THANK YOU. 

Even though we've said this personally, this is a very important public thanks. We are where we are because of so many people, our determination to make our dreams come true and through Gods grace. I believe that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord, for those who are called according to His purpose. And Lord Jesus, I pray that we will do your work in this new place and make a positive impact on lives in our new home state.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Brené Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"

January 2018

G, the husband of my youth, I love you so much <3

No comments:

Post a Comment