11.21.2013

bells ringing & we will sing, noel.

This week I'm guilty, because this week I just couldn't resist listening Christmas music! I've always had the "after Thanksgiving only" rule about listening to holiday tunes because differentiating Thanksgiving from Christmas has always been the norm for me. I always felt I was able to enjoy both, separately - as two different celebrations.

But this year, with these last two weeks of November and the first two weeks of December being pretty busy with school, I wanted to start celebrating now. Because when I really think about it, I am so thankful for all that God has done for me and given me; the life I have is only new and free and beautiful through the incarnation of Jesus Christ. & that is what Christmas is all about! Celebrating Christ coming to earth for us - so he could die & we could live in communion with the risen, living God. It is a beautiful celebration and I feel so thankful for it this year especially.

So let the Christmas Music begin in light of a thankful heart before God for all that He is and what that means in my life, and yours! Here are three albums I've been listening to this week constantly. They are each pretty different from each other & I love them for that because I can listen to one album after the other without feeling tired of Christmas music, if there is such a thing! What Christmas albums do you enjoy listening to during the holiday season?

favorite tracks: A Light // Christmastide // Open Up // Hope
favs: The Christmas Waltz // Little Saint Nick
favorites: O Come O Come Emmanuel // Evermore

My prayer this year in light of these months is to delight in the good gifts God has given, through delighting in Him.

Will you dwell on Jesus and who He is this holiday season? He is the reason.

Love, t Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment