2.10.2014

four things

a random, just because series for remembering things that make my heart sing.

because as John Piper reminded me, you won't be the same person 10, 30, or 50 years from now, so my thought is this: why not document the things, style, verses, interests, places, foods, etc I love & am excited about today & see how much they change along the way.


top left: Valentines Day! I know, everyone has their opinions about it & I've heard many! From, "We are so in love, we give the most thoughtful gifts on Valentines!" To,  "I'm single, so this time of year is just annoying." And even, "We've always believed that you should show love every day of the year, so we don't really celebrate Valentines day." And, it can just go on! I'm pretty sure I have thought or felt all these things after going on my 23rd valentines day - but I can say I love it because I know for me when life gets busy and stressful, I tend to not think about how I'm loving people I talk to everyday, or people I only talk to once in a while. The truth is though, we are called to love each other.(1 John 4:7-10) So if there's a time of year that can reinforce and remind me to be loving to those around me, I'll take it! & besides - who doesn't like being told thy're loved, even if it's just by their parents. :) // image by Max Wagner

top right: Maternity style, in the future tense! I'm sorry Mom, Jess, and my Tia's who are reading - who encourage me more than often to have their next baby to love - Tears, I am not pregnant (yet!). But, I have been very excited about the thought of it & how cute clothes look with a big belly underneath. (oh, is that just me? ok.) lol Fashion has always been inspiring to me & the years since G and I have moved to Chicago I think my style & what I truly love to wear have evolved so much. If i could afford it I would live in Madewell, JCrew, and Anthropologie with no problem. But since that's not my reality I try to get inspiration from those stores and explore options I wont go broke over. Going back to maternity style though, something quite notable is how much it has evolved in recent years & I just love it because one day I'll be needing inspiration for a growing belly. // image via ontobaby.com

bottom left: Snow! It's a bit hard to believe, but this winter has been the coldest Chicago has ever seen with more snow than we've had since we moved here. I think God had us in mind when our first winter didn't even reach the negatives, and our second didn't come with one bad storm, but now for our third & probably our last winter here - it's worse than many remember Chicago winters can be. But along with the polar vortex and crazy wind has come the snow and it truly has been so beautiful to be around it everyday, for what feels like a month already. It's been too cold to melt, so with more snow coming at least weekly it just keeps piling up, so I've come to truly appreciate it's beauty more than ever, even though it means I've only worn my rain-boots-turned-snow-boots for the last 2 weeks straight. // image via our white as snow post

bottom right: California! G & I are officially going to be going to Cali for a few days during our spring break to check out a school G is looking into for his Masters Program. We were seriously considering going to Cape Town, South Africa for him to get his Masters Degree but after much prayer and counsel we feel that now is not the right time to go. Although we were both a bit disappointed, we are trusting that God is leading us. So, when G told me he was looking into a school in Cali. I was very much in shock & excited because ever since I visited for the first time in high school, I've wanted to live there. A dream of mine before getting married was to travel the world with my husband, and now I'm seeing we're off to a good start in the US, living wise. lol Maybe it just might be the next destination on this grand adventure we are on together, only knowing where we're going as the Lord leads. To me, there's no better place for us because it forces me to trust God with my whole life, no matter what happens or where I go. We will keep updating where our next steps will take us as we come to know them, but for right now I'm just exited about our mini vacation trip to a gorgeous place with my gorgeous guy, to see my gorgeous aunt & uncle who are already so thrilled to welcome us. // image via Pinterest

*cheers to the sweet beginnings of 4 things!*
Love, t Olive


4 comments:

  1. Love LOVE! 1- you'd be the cutest pregger with the most amazing style
    2- you're such an inspiration. "...forces mE to trust God with my whole life.." I love that so much
    3- although it's different or not in the order you'd thought it would be in, you have been living your dream! (Traveling with hubby) and I'm so excited for y'all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone needs encouraging in life & I'm so happy I have that in you J! love you dearly!

      Delete
  2. That picture of the pregnant woman looks just like YOU!!! I died.... lol

    Love this post! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we "may" be moving to Cali. that might actually be so true! (yes!) love you!

      Delete